Five lessons learned
1. Social media is awesome fun, but social media + touching content = viral phenomenon. I posted this short film by Josh Beattie on my Tumblr last week after his Mum shared it on Twitter, and as of this morning it had 28k likes and reblogs and 134,952 views on YouTube. That’s incredible. PS: Josh is 17!
2. I have never been comfortable saying that I absolutely know something for certain. I have so much to learn about everything.
3. When I assert myself, other people will not like it. This conflicts with what I’ve been taught as a woman with regard to keeping everyone happy.
4. As a person with privilege I should never seek to speak for other people. Let each person speak for themselves as I would prefer to speak for myself. When a person offers their truth, do not dismiss it.
5. Let life be random and unplanned sometimes. Fun things happen!
1. Lush’s Lovely Jubblies. I don’t believe it “firms” saggy skin, but I do believe it starts my days off with a sense of happiness and optimism.
2. The Tea Centre’s Tea for Sunday blend. If you are in the Brisbane CBD, go have afternoon tea at the Tea Centre. The staff are gorgeous!
3. Whip My Hair by Willow Smith. Life’s theme song right now.
4. eBay… I have fallen back in love with you!
5. Everyone who pre-ordered a fat necklace. There were so many of you!!! It makes me feel good about the state of activism :D